Tuesday, January 21, 2014

First graders

Today was the first day that I was able to experience being in a first grade classroom. After being placed in a third grade practicum last term, I was really looking forward to being in the first grade. I have always been interested in working with younger children after working in a daycare all through high school, so this is the perfect place for me, at least I hope. If all goes well, this grade will be the one that I will go on to teach after graduating in the spring.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your time with all ages of kids. It's great you get to experience several.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First graders are wonderful and full of life. Wishing you a great experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having spent about 30ish years in first grade, I can say, it is a wonderful grade to teach. Lots of firsts that year, and there can be lots of stress -for both students and teacher. It's so important to have a great start! I hope it is a fit for you! But if not, I know from experience at other levels that there is something special and wonderful about all the grades!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First graders are so much fun! The best part is the sweet hugs they give you. I also like how they tell you like it is. They have no filters! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete