Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Just want to cook

With school, homework, work, yoga, and having a social life, it is so difficult for me to find the time to cook. My obsession with cooking all started a couple years ago when my boyfriend and I started dating. He is the least picky person I have ever met (with the exception of my mom) when it comes to food, so you can imagine my excitement each time I want to experiment with a new recipe. While reflecting on all of the things that are on my to do list, I start daydreaming about being in my kitchen, wearing my apron and whipping up all different kinds of recipes. Texas sheet cake, marinated chicken, baked salmon, and boiled asparagus were just a few of the mouth watering favorites that I love to cook. Once reality set back in, I thought, "Maybe one day I'll be able to stay home, not have to worry about work or school and cook as much as I want for my family." That will be the good life.

4 comments:

  1. Feel free to cook for me anytime! I love food, but cooking isn't my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I have had that same exact thought, several times, since September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is good now too, just there is always many things we want to do and not enough time to fit all in. Sometimes, if possible, it's ok to drop some things from the to-do list and do what we like instead. Dreaming is always positive and maybe one day you will live your dream of cooking daily a much as you want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I love to cook too. We've had the opportunity to host several foreign exchange students and as a result, we've learned to cook some very different foods. All 3 of my grown children love to cook as well. They are different kinds of cooks...bread baker, dessert maker, and continental fare. Enjoy your time to cook when you can fit it in. Terje is right...these are good times now too. :)

    ReplyDelete